Monday, January 9, 2012

Helen Keller Quote

"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood."
- Helen Keller

The way I understand this quote is that you should never be afraid of trying something new. Instead try it out it is only a learning experience, because it never hurts to at least try something. Let’s say if you are a pot smoker and you tell everyone it is not possible to quit. You are lying because anything is possible is what I always think. Because about one month ago, in December I didn’t know how to sing Navajo peyote songs and I thought they were impossible.
Until I practiced and practiced, then finally I got it down. I didn’t even know how to hit the drum until my uncle Jay taught me also. I love my family very much because I know they love me and they never want me to get hurt. The things they tell me are to learn every day, and to always think positive about things in life. My grandparents are very religious when it comes to NAC because that’s what cured my father. So every time I need help and struggling in school I turn to Jesus and pray for the good things to come in life. Because I have learned that NAC and my religion is the only way in life.
 What I think about this quote is that it is very powerful in words, because in my Navajo culture they would tell you the same thing. It never hurts to try something new in life; you never know how go you are at something until you try. What if that is your number one thing that you are good at doing? Some people think that doing work outside is a punishment well I do not think it is. I think that it is a learning experience, because I was taught of it to be like that. The type of person I am is one that likes to learn about many things.
Let’s say if my grandparents were to tell me to chop wood outside I would go and do it, most kids would be too lazy or would complain about it. That’s not the way life works, because I know I’m the only one to depend on when it comes to keeping my grandparents warm. Or if they told me go and help your uncle out and do something outside, like for example welding. I would love to weld and learn new things in life, that’s the only way to become very successful in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment